Keith Johnston consults professionally with small to midsized businesses and associations on meeting and event planning and production as well as social media technology.
He has been featured and quoted in interviews and features and has written articles for magazines including Event Solutions, Meeting News, Plan Your Meetings and was featured on the cover of Midwest Meetings Magazine.
He has spoken at multiple industry events on topics ranging from planning green meetings to social media strategy and in 2010, the blog, Industry Thoughts was nominated for an EventProfs blog award.
Keith has over 15 years experience planning and producing meetings, conferences, tradeshows and incentive programs for companies and associations such as the Microsoft, Cisco Systems, the Economist, The State Bar of California, Pepsi Cola and many more.
He has over 10 years experience in integrating real world events with online technologies including web, social media, and related platforms.
You and this Blog:
We hope that you find this site interesting and that it helps you in your daily life as a meeting and event professional, barring that, we hope that you may chuckle while reading.
Bring on the comments, the discussions and drop Keith a line, all are welcome. Keith expressly reserves the right to delete any comments at his whim if he feels that what you have posted is offensive, nasty or hateful, his blog, his rules.
Feel free to criticize, no worries, he can take it. Keith has been known to change his mind based on well reasoned arguments and passionate pleas. Keith is open minded so unless you are nasty, mean or hateful in your critique, it will stand unedited and may even provide fodder for future follow ups and posts.
Here is the standard legalese:
This blog expresses Keith's personal opinions and not the opinions of anyone else. He writes it, it is his opinion. He has yet to interview anyone, but if he does, then there will be an exception to this rule, their opinion will be their opinion and his opinion will be his opinion.
- This site features paid advertisments from companies that we respect and for products we use
- This site features some Google Adwords advertisements that Google thinks are relevent to the content of this site
- We have not taken any money for any of the product, property or other reviews that are on this site. If this changes, we will update this disclosure.
- I am an affiliate of TabSite and use their Facebook Tab product
- I wrote a post about the JW Marriott Indinapolis after I attended a Fam Trip sponsored by the hotel